[mythtv-users] backend ip for frontend only setup

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:43:09 UTC 2007

On 22/06/07, Piotr Romanus <lromanus at ftml.net> wrote:
> I have a working setup of frontend an backend working perfectly. I
> recently installed another frontend on my laptop running Ubuntu feisty.
> I setup hostname on "Database Configuration" screen correctly (the
> forntend stopped complaining about not being able to connect to mysql)
> but can't figure out where to configure remote backend ip address. Does
> anybody knows where is this setting?

The backend IP address is stored in the database.  It's on the first
page of the backend set-up (mythtv-setup)  It's possible that it's set
to 'localhost' which means that local frontends will work, but not
remote ones. Make sure it's set to the hostname or IP address.

Also mysql needs to be set to allow network connections and you need
to grant access privileges to your mythtv user on remote hosts.

If you research mysql setup on:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/  or

You should find what you need.