[mythtv-users] Zap2It fiasco - what can we as users do?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jun 22 20:23:29 UTC 2007

Michael Jones wrote:
> I have a good friend who's the "wizard of oz" type Engineer at the
> local PBS station... He probably knows more about that specific
> station than the guys who designed it (in fact the guys who designed
> the equipment often ask him for help ;-) )
>
> The other thing is that he's actually MythTV user.. Even better!
>
> I'm sure he wouldn't mind disclosing some "insider information" about
> how the guide stuff works, at least at his station.

I'm sure he wouldn't, nor would I, I worked in TV engineering for
decades. I can assure you this fellow doesn't know anything directly
relevant to the present situation.

The best thing he could tell you is: Just wait and see what happens. We
have already been told that the devs are working on it. I can't think of
any group better qualified to look into the matter, or more likely to
succeed.

Will everybody PLEASE just keep their pants on for a little while?