[mythtv-users] Let's get our heads straight here on listings solutions

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sun Jun 24 19:40:59 UTC 2007

On Jun 24, 2007, at 11:01 AM, Kevin Hulse wrote:

> 	Futurologists are like weathermen.

I'm reminded of Al Franken's comment about Newt Gingrich's
prediction, as a futurist, that there was no need to worry about
fixing health care because some day we'd all have medical diagnosis
chairs in our houses.

Al said (paraphrasing here) that while he spent his younger years
getting stoned and watching "Scooby Doo," Newt must have spent his
youth getting stoned and watching "The Jetsons."  I think a lot of
futurists are like that.