[mythtv-users] Sorry, but I don't want to pay much

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jun 25 20:42:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 10:38 -0400, Michael Thome wrote:

> Snarky,

Snarky, maybe, but I guess I'm just tired of people complaining about
something and not doing anything about it except setting expectations
and waiting for somebody else to deliver on them.

> Snarkalicious, but again, the point is that mythtv can offer an
> information stream back to listings providers that they've been trying
> to get their hands on for years.

Like what, all the commercials we are skipping?  I'd tend to think the
TV networks would in fact want to hinder us, not help us considering we
cut out their main income stream.

> Plain silly, here - one need not be interested in opening a hat shop
> to be interested in wearing a hat.

They do if they think that all of the hat shops in town are overpriced
and that hats should be cheaper.

> Tribune is simply ducking out of the end-user business.

Sure they are.  That's their prerogative I'd say.  Nobody without a
government given/regulated monopoly should be forced to do business in a
market they don't care to be in.

b.

Brian J. Murrell