[mythtv-users] Partitioning Recomendations

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 21:48:20 UTC 2007

On 25/06/07, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/06/07, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 25/06/07, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
---
> > Did you symlink /tmp to /mythtv.  It seems a good idea as /temp can
> > use quite a lot when you are creating dvds etc.
> >

> I haven't done that, but you're right it does seem a good idea.  I
> must admit I haven't used mytharchive on my new system yet, so I
> haven't looked into where it stores it's temporary stuff.  I have
> mythtv set to keep 15GB of the recording partition free (of a 300 GB
> disk) so I'd be looking to use that space as DVD working space.

Give it a go, its quite nice.  Altough I don't know where it puts the
temp files either.  Creates really nice disks with a menu.  I did have
some problems with lip sync but I think the Ubuntu packages are quite
sorted now and it is going to make keeping up to date easy.

Ben

Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)