[mythtv-users] mythtv-OT list

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Jun 26 13:39:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 12:19:07PM +0100, Ashley Bostock wrote:
>    Many of these OT posts are from people new to myth and linux so often don't
>    know if there problem is a myth or a general linux one.  Would be great in
>    an ideal world, but ppl have a hard enough time working out if they should
>    post to users/dev already.

Well, *that* problem we can answer for you, lickety-split:

If you don't have an editor open, with MythTV source code up in it, and
you're working on changing something?  You don't belong on -dev.  ;-)

If you're not equipped to answer the question "Did you try latest SVN?"
You don't belong on -dev.

There are nuances, sure.  But they get a lot more non developer traffic
than they like as it is.

Cheers,
-- jra