[mythtv-users] Help: empty channel table

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 26 16:18:31 UTC 2007

On 06/26/2007 12:14 PM, Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
> I deleted all the sources

If you didn't use the "Delete all video sources" button (i.e. you
deleted individual sources), re-do the delete that way or you'll leave
garbage in the DB that could prevent things from working properly.

>  in mythtv-setup and and added a single new
> source.  I'm in the US and using datadirect.  The "Fetch channles from
> listing source" button in the connections page doesn't seem to do
> anything.  mythtv-setup writes the output below to the terminal, but the
> channel table remains empty.

I'm guessing that you're using a digital source (high-def capture card
or firewire)?  If so, you need to scan for channels.

Mike