[mythtv-users] (Myth) Archive to hard disk

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jun 26 22:22:16 UTC 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Ma Begaj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was searching for a possibility to archive recorded shows to hard
> disk and I thought that MythArchive is offering this. But I was wrong.
>
> My "I would like to" situation:
> I would like to archive manually a video to my LVM after recording
> (and commflagging) it.
>

> MythArchive offers a possibility to archive to DVD, but I have a big
> LVM and Myth can write to it. I have to do this manually, but it would
> great if I could do it through a menu in mythtv.
>
> Is there a possibility to do this with MythTv? Maybe with user-jobs (I
> never used this feature)? I read
>
> Thanks
>
> M.

You seem to have missed the option in MythArchive to "Create Native
Archive" instead of just "Create DVD". When you Create Native
Archive, you can export recordings to a file anywhere you'd like.
 From what I've read it will keep all the database stuff it needs
with it so when you want to put it back into the myth system, you can
import the archive and use it again.