[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend = black screen

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:28:31 UTC 2007

On 6/27/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/27/07, Captain Krypto <captainkrypto at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > You know, you really should use a window manager if you use more than
> > > one window. And, oh, BTW, Myth uses more than one window... (In other
> > > words, when you find focus issues, please don't ask about them on the
> > > list--it's because you're not using a WM.)
> > >
> > > Mike
> >
> > I've had the no window manager setup for quite some time now and have
> never
> > had any issues related to focus, but thanks for the off-topic heads up.
> > Duly noted.
> >

> > > I'd recommend fixing OpenGL.
> > >
> > > Matt
> >
> > I'm pretty sure that is the issue here.  The weird thing is that
> according
> > to glxinfo, xdpyinfo and the logs, opengl is loaded and working just
> fine.
> > Now that I know what I am looking for I was able to get a little more
> info
> > by searching the archives.  I am going to try and downgrade the driver
> > version as proposed in
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/257420
> >
> > Dave
> >

> Dave, I doubt it's a driver version issue, but simply that opengl
> isn't being referenced correctly by myth.  Try downloading and
> installing the latest version, it's working for me.
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

  Matt,  I'm using the latest drivers for my GeForce4 MX 440 from
atrpms.net... 9639 to be exact.  What kind of setup are you running?
Perhaps you can attach your xorg.conf and glxinfo?  I had it working before,
but after changing the xorg.conf and updating the drivers... no dice.  The
problem was that I couldn't get the 1366x768 resolution with the old
drivers, and now I can't get the opengl painter with the new drivers...