[mythtv-users] FW:HD TV's Slow Addoption

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 27 20:37:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:23 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:

> You're from Canada according to your e-mail address.

Yep.

> If you aren't a
> hockey fan,

I'm not.

> some of your friends probably are.

Sure.

> Ask them if there is a
> difference between watching hockey in SD vs. HD. No contest.

Maybe there is a difference.  But as I said, I'm not so why do I care?

> Same for
> NFL football here in the US.

Not a football fan either.

> But you are correct that, in the end, it's a matter of personal
> preference.

And budget!  Obviously if I had all of my other financially dependent
desires met, sure, I'd splurge.

> I suspect that, in time, the prices of HD equipment will
> start to come down to the point where the price difference is much less
> than the quality difference, at which point SD will go the way of B&W,

Indeed.  And when that happens intersected with my set going for a dump,
I will.  But not until then.  I guess I just figured I am sure there are
lots of others in the same boat, hence the slow uptake.

It surely would be interesting to know how long serious penetration of
color sets took.

b.

Brian J. Murrell