[mythtv-users] Zonbu PC and Myth

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Thu Jun 28 15:14:17 UTC 2007

>> Has anyone seen the new Zonbu pc, www.zonbu.com.
>>
>> I wonder if it will be a capable myth frontend! $250, small, silent
>> linux pc.
>>
>> Seems too good to be true.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ian
>>

> It is.
>

> It may be possible to hack the device to use local (NFS)
> storage, but that's not the business model this company
> appears to be using.

Does anyone have details regarding the CPU (which is not referred to
with any details, whatever "intel-like" means) and the mpeg2 hardware?
If the mpeg2 accelleration can be used I would guess this device can be
used for SD recordings (mpeg2) and music but I would guess transcoded
material (mpeg4 etc) would be too demanding. As noted the OS image has
to be modified to support "local NFS" (interesting name)...

Fredrik