[mythtv-users] Can't Get pcHDTV-5500 To Work With MythTV

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:49:21 UTC 2007

On 6/28/07, Donald J. Maddox <dmaddox099 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, as you may recall from my original posting, it all works great
> with other programs, just not with MythTV - so the frequency tables and
> modulation type are definitely correct.

I meant to check that you have them set correctly within mythtv on the
channel scanning page.

I have tried with 'open DVB
> card on demand' and without, and it makes no difference in this case.
> Lengthening the timeouts doesn't help either - it consistently shows 0%
> signal on every channel, or occasionally, some random percentages, like
> 29% signal, and 4% S/N - but in those cases these random number will
> stay the exactly same for every channel as it scans, which doesn't even
> make sense.

This sounds like a driver/firmware issue, though I'm not sure why it would
work with other tools and not with myth if that were the case.  Did you
compile from source?  If so did you --enable-dvb?  In your capture card
setup, you select "DVB DTV Capture card (v3.x)" correct?  From what I
understand the pcHDTV capture card code is broken and so users of that card
should select the generic device.

--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak: