[mythtv-users] Channel changing pause

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 08:16:34 UTC 2007

How long is the delay on your Myth System when you change channels?

Mine used to be about 2 or 3 seconds, but seems to have increased since
I started using a higher resolution. Maybe it's because my system isn't
beefy enough or maybe the signal I'm getting isn't strong enough, or
maybe there's always a delay with digital TV (I have no experience of
Freeview in the UK outside of Myth).

I'm not happy with my Myth install at the moment, it seems to be working
intermittently and I need to spend some time in the logs, but this pause
has always been there and I'd probably never have mentioned it if it
wasn't that it'd just got even longer.

How long is yours? :-)

Damian