[mythtv-users] Can't Get pcHDTV-5500 To Work With MythTV

Thomas Kessler electronikjunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 11:38:46 UTC 2007

> The fact that it works fine with mplayer and tvtime suggests that it is
> not a driver problem.  The card WORKS - both digital and analog parts.
> It just doesn't work with MythTV for some reason.
>
> I installed from the Fedora Core 6 RPMs, I did select DVB DTV Capture
> card (v3.x) in the configuration

Don't waste  your time trying to setup the analog side with MythTV. Just go
get a cheap analog card and be done with it. I tried for 4 months and only
got both working for about a week and then never could replicate the same
setup. I got my stable setup notes posted on my blog.
www.electronikjunkie.com

TK