[mythtv-users] Channel changing pause

GARETH GLACCUM gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Fri Jun 29 12:05:06 UTC 2007

Resolution and power may have something to do with it.

  I have a backend system running a frontend as well, on an AMD 2 GHz, 4GB memory, no probs there, running 1024x768 resolution
  A remote frontend only , on 1xGbE running on a C7 1.5GHz, 1GB memory, memory isn't usually all used up, running 1380x1024 (ish, I know the first number!).
   Browsing to a channel using up and down to preview channels using the guide, or using EPG, then enter to activate it, on the AMD less than a second to activate and display the new channel. On the C7, around 2 seconds (maybe it just seems longer).
  I think that some of the lag may be an odd networking/remote issue that I have, PIP does not work for a very odd reason, maybe I will pose the question again later.

  What is the power in your machines?
  Gareth

Damian Surr <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
  How long is the delay on your Myth System when you change channels?

Mine used to be about 2 or 3 seconds, but seems to have increased since
I started using a higher resolution. Maybe it's because my system isn't
beefy enough or maybe the signal I'm getting isn't strong enough, or
maybe there's always a delay with digital TV (I have no experience of
Freeview in the UK outside of Myth).

I'm not happy with my Myth install at the moment, it seems to be working
intermittently and I need to spend some time in the logs, but this pause
has always been there and I'd probably never have mentioned it if it
wasn't that it'd just got even longer.

How long is yours? :-)

Damian