[mythtv-users] Slow recorded programs viewing but fast on other menu's

David Won daveshome at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 13:36:52 UTC 2007

Finally figured this out. Running on Gentoo and I had X windows compiled
with the wrong options.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_is_X_taki
ng_100.25_CPU_just_drawing_the_frontend_menu.3F

Recompiled X with this command.
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mmmx -mfpmath=sse -pipe"
emerge -pv =x11-base/xorg-server-1.1.1-r1

Everything is super fast now and I'm turning on all the bling like previews
and whatnot again.