[mythtv-users] mythbackend pid

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 22:29:02 UTC 2007

Brad,

3 questions.

Could you enlighten me on /etc/inittab and what it does? I'm still
learning Linux. (man inittab, I get no manula entry for inittab..)

Assuming I actually want to stop the backend how do I do that?

I'm guessing your running a frontend/backend on the same machine from
the following entry's, correct? are each of the lines independent of
one another?

# MythTV stuff
mtvb:2345:respawn:su - mythtv -c "mythbackend -l /var/log/mythtv/backend"

mtvl:2345:respawn:su - mythtv -c "mythlcdserver -l
/var/log/mythtv/lcdserver"
mtvd:2345:respawn:su - mythtv -c "mtd -n"

Thanks,

AJM