[mythtv-users] playback not smooth regardless of source

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Thu Mar 1 09:52:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 09:42:14AM +0000, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 3/1/07, Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org> wrote:
> > I think you are on to something here.  I ran 'glxinfo' and it told me
> > that Direct Rendering was 'no' and it showed that it was pulling in the
> > MESA libs instead of the nvidia libs.  So I re-installed the nvidia
> > driver and I did a few other things.  Now glxinfo shows that Direct
> > Rendering is 'yes' and it pulls in the Nvidia libs.
> >
> > I turned on playback logging and searched for anything 'gl' or 'GL'
> > related.  I didn't find anything so I searched for 'sync' or 'Sync' and
> > didn't find anything then.  What should I be looking for here?  When I
> > turned on 'all' logging I found where Myth was looking for the
> > UseOpenGLVSync setting in mysql, but I found nothing else.  mysql does,
> > in fact, say that this setting is '1'.
>
> If its working, you should see something like:-
>
> 2006-01-15 08:56:23.967 OpenGLVideoSync: GLX extensions:
> GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_SGIX_fbconfig
> GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGI_video_sync GLX_SGI_swap_control
> GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_NV_float_buffer GLX_ARB_get_proc_address
> 2006-01-15 08:56:23.968 OpenGLVideoSync: x,y -> 361, 289
> 2006-01-15 08:56:24.076 Using OpenGLVideoSync
>
> and slightly later:-
>
> Video timing method: SGI OpenGL

I certainly didn't see any of what you show above.  I wonder why?
However I'm not wondering that much anymore.  I don't know what 'magic
bullet' did the trick but playback seems fantastic now.  I watched an HD
recording in 1080i (source material was 720p) with no problems.  DVD
playback is great.

Thank you for your help and advice!

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects