[mythtv-users] MythTV and HDTV future

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 10:35:38 UTC 2007

>From: "Kevin Ould" <crippler75 at gmail.com>
>>Why must they make it so hard to use HD content on
out Myth Boxes.
>:-(

Ask Diane Feinstein and browse www.eff.org for an
answer to that question! ;)  Have you noticed that
eff.org links are thoughtfully provided in Mythnews?

I have an R5000 on my HDD-200 HD decoder.  The R5000
is a great product for the hobbiest but you need a
Window host for the USB interface.  To make it work
with Myth, you'd need to use the R5000 firewire D-VHS
output feature from the Windows machine.  I haven't
tried this yet.  Maybe I'll attempt to host the
Windows R5000 software under Xen someday, if Xen
supports USB 2.0, so I can loop the firewire back to
Linux.

-Cal