[mythtv-users] yet another firewire question; difficulty with certain channels

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:25:12 UTC 2007

It depends on how you want to connect to your cable box but I believe that
most people use a p2p connection and in plugreport your p2p connection=0.
This should equal 1 if you are going to use p2p. The firewire tester should
turn this on for you(not sure on this one) but if it doesn't get turned on
you will have problems recording. It sounds like you haven't gotten anything
reliable from this box yet so I don't think you know what you can get
working or not. With that said I had all kinds of problems with my box until
I get working at it to get it reliable. I haven't had any problems in a long
time now. Try to get p2p=1 then run test-mpeg2. You can try to get it to 1
by using firewire_tester or by doing it manually from the firewire setup
instructions. Pick one HD channel and just keep it there. Also we need to
know exactly what model cable box you have.

Allan