[mythtv-users] CX88 "Blackbird" audio razziness

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Thu Mar 1 17:02:22 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 11:33, Dennis Hand wrote:
> I have one of these cards myself and have been dying to get it
> working. Have you in
> fact compiled the latest v4l drivers? I know that they merged over
> some stuff related
> to the blackbird. Please do your wiki writeup. I'de be very interested
> in what you did.

OK, I've uploaded my wiki entry for the card:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_M150-D

The biggest issue in getting it working at all was obtaining firmware; luckily
I ran across a forum post somewhere that pointed out a suitable source. My
wiki entry has got caveats about the audio problems. With any luck I'll find
a solution and be able to make appropriate edits.

I used the standard drivers in the 2.6.19.1 kernel; I haven't tried anything
from the v4l site itself. If you try that approach and don't have the audio
problems, I'd love to hear about it.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com