[mythtv-users] uPnP to Xbox 360

Mark Hetherington mark at hethos.org
Fri Mar 2 06:57:39 UTC 2007

Since the xbox 260 has a broken/"embraced and extended" version of Upnp
support, it requires the server to identify itself as a Windows Media Connect
server. The only linux based project I've had success with
is "x360mediaserve", which seems to be based on the gnu upnpd.

I'm guessing someone with the time could look at the source of x360mediaserve
to see what hoops need to be jumped through to get xbox recognition, and
implement these in the mythtv server.

I believe all the media has to be in an appropriately named upnp directory, so
it may limit what can be done with mythtv.

Good luck,
Mark