[mythtv-users] Please help with direct TV problem

Brian Guilfoos mythtv at guilfoos.com
Fri Mar 2 12:20:49 UTC 2007

Chris wrote:
> We've been having a devil of a time trying to figure out why only a
> single channel is showing up in the line up.  mythfilldatabase seems to
> run successfully, but only channel 3 shows up.  Any help would be
> *greatly* appreciated.  He're the thread on our forums that has the
> output from mythfilldatabase along with all the steps we've tried to
> solve the problem.

Go into mythtv-setup and drop all your channel lineups.  Go to zap2it,
and create two lineups - one for your OTA tuner(s), the other for your
DirecTV tuners.  Go back into mythtv-setup, add those two lineups, and
associate them with the correct tuners.  Run mythfilldatabase.  I
*think* that'll clean things up for you.

If you have channel overlap (eg, get locals over DirecTV and OTA), you
can go edit the database to ensure the callsigns are identical, which
will allow the scheduler to use either tuner as needed to record
something on those common channels.  For example, my HDTV tuners are at
a higher priority than my DirecTV tuners, so network TV is usually
recorded in high-def.  On Monday nights, I've got three recordings
simultaneously (24, Heros, Two And A Half Men), and one is bumped to the
DirecTV tuner automatically if all three recordings are new episodes.