[mythtv-users] Please help with direct TV problem

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:29:06 UTC 2007

On 3/2/07, Brian Guilfoos <mythtv at guilfoos.com> wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> > We've been having a devil of a time trying to figure out why only a
> > single channel is showing up in the line up.  mythfilldatabase seems to
> > run successfully, but only channel 3 shows up.  Any help would be
> > *greatly* appreciated.  He're the thread on our forums that has the
> > output from mythfilldatabase along with all the steps we've tried to
> > solve the problem.
>
> Go into mythtv-setup and drop all your channel lineups.  Go to zap2it,
> and create two lineups - one for your OTA tuner(s), the other for your
> DirecTV tuners.  Go back into mythtv-setup, add those two lineups, and
> associate them with the correct tuners.  Run mythfilldatabase.  I
> *think* that'll clean things up for you.
>
> If you have channel overlap (eg, get locals over DirecTV and OTA), you
> can go edit the database to ensure the callsigns are identical, which
> will allow the scheduler to use either tuner as needed to record
> something on those common channels.  For example, my HDTV tuners are at
> a higher priority than my DirecTV tuners, so network TV is usually
> recorded in high-def.  On Monday nights, I've got three recordings
> simultaneously (24, Heros, Two And A Half Men), and one is bumped to the
> DirecTV tuner automatically if all three recordings are new episodes.

Wait, that doesn't seem right. The callsign's should be able to be unique
shouldn't they? I have a SD tuner in 1 backend and a HD tuner in another and
I get the same action as you, but my callsign's are different for the HD
versus SD version of the same channel.

Although I do have one wierd scheduling problem with a single show being
scheduled for 3 tapings on my 2 tuners..

...Kevin