[mythtv-users] Sharing one STB output across two tuners---scheduler implications

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Mar 3 06:36:10 UTC 2007

    > Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 20:45:57 -0800
    > From: Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com>

    > f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
    > > Here's the deal.  I do most of my recording via RF inputs to a batch
    > > of PVR-250's, but I have a single STB whose output is split to two
    > > of those tuners' composite inputs.  Myth understands that it can't
    > > simultaneously use the RF and composite inputs of any given tuner, but
    > > it doesn't understand that it can't simultaneously use both composite
    > > inputs -if they're on different channels- because I don't see a way of
    > > informing it of this situation.

    > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/182867?nohighlight=1#182867

Oh right!  I remember that discussion...  now that I see it again. :)
Obviously I wasn't using the right search terms.

Well, guess that answers that---not currently implemented, and
requires some design work to figure out how to do so.  So I'll
probably write my cheesy little after-the-fact conflict warner
and hope it's good enough for the moment.  Tnx.

P.S.  What would be the most appropriate place to hook into the
scheduler to run something immediately after it's finished scheduling?
I was originally thinking of just running my tool "every so often",
but logically running after scheduling might make sense, assuming
I make sure it only warns -once- unless it's trying to move things
around on its own.  Bonus if it's a post-scheduling hook that can
run arbitrary programs (e.g., a trivial shell script); otherwise,
now that I've finally had to go to a non-packaged Myth, I'll just
compile it into the source somewhere.