[mythtv-users] Anybody having problems with Zap2It?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 3 22:51:30 UTC 2007

On 03/03/2007 03:07 PM, Rod Smith wrote:
> On Saturday 03 March 2007 14:35, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Sounds like a digital lineup in use by someone who hasn't read
>> "mythfilldatabase --help" output (i.e. particularly the
>> "--do-channel-updates" and "--only-update-channels" stuff).
>>

> Perhaps; but in my case, at least, I wasn't manually typing any
> mythfilldatabase command. It was (presumably) being run by MythTV itself.
> It's entirely possible that improper use of mythfilldatabase was to blame,
> but I don't know that for a fact. If it was improper use of mythfilldatabase,
> then there's something improper about the way MythTV itself calls it.
> least weren't in my case.

You mean there's something improper about MythTV's calling
mythfilldatabase with the arguments you've specified (or, with MythTV's
not calling mythfilldatabase with the arguments you've failed to specify)?

mythfilldatabase Arguments
Any arguments you want passed to the mythfilldatabase program.

In frontend settings under General.  Just saying that without the right
arguments, you'll never get mythfilldatabase to add channels that aren't
in your DB (or that were somehow removed from your DB).

Mike