[mythtv-users] "Cross Source EIT"

Tim Small tim at buttersideup.com
Sun Mar 4 17:56:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to find out some info about the "cross source EIT" option...

I have:

1. A DVB-T terrestrial tuner (UK "Freeview"), which carries decent
multi-week EIT info (but has slightly poor reception quality in my
location).

2. A DVB-S satellite tuner with a fixed dish and single LNB (pointing at
Astra2 28.2/Eutelsat 28.5 East), which carries "now and next" EIT info
only (the full EPG on the network is in a Rupert Murdoch proprietary
format).

Since about 80% of the channels that I'm interested in are common to
both sources, I'd like to use the detailed DVB-T EPG data for the DVB-S
source, but I don't know how to go about doing this (if it's possible at
all)?

I found this:

but don't know how to apply it to my setup.

Cheers,

Tim.