[mythtv-users] MythWeb and High CPU Usage

Mike gza at sprynet.com
Mon Mar 5 00:57:16 UTC 2007

 am running Mythtv 2.0 svn fixes on Ubuntu Edgy. This is a combined frontend and
backend running on an AMD 4200+ X2 with 2 GB of ram and 1 TB of disk space connected
to an ARC-1210 SATA raid controller. For the past couple of weeks I have been trouble
shooting a HDTV stuttering issue during playback.

I've noticed that everything works fine after a reboot. HD playback consumes
50% of a single core. That is until I launch Mythweb from my laptop. At that point
HD playback jump to 100% of a single core and causes the stuttering issue. The only
way I have found to fix this to reboot the system. If I don't use Mythweb then
everything works for days at a time.

Has anyone else run into anything simliar?