[mythtv-users] what't the problem of my: Make process for Installing MythTV SVN on FC6
g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Mar 5 10:58:00 UTC 2007
> Hi, please help me:), many thanks.
> What 's the problem of my comiling for Installing MythTV SVN on Fedora
> 6 (according to the guid: Installing MythTV SVN on Fedora on web:
> Please give me some help, many thanks!
I would recommend the following procedure - its not exact but I hope you
get the basic idea.
1. Start with a fresh install of the distribution of your choice.
2. Use the package manager to do a trial install of MythTV (i.e. don't
actually install it, just get a list of packages)
3. Note the packages that MythTV will pull in as dependencies
4. Install the dependencies and all the -devel packages associated with
them (you'll have to work this out for yourself but its usually the
package name with -dev or -devel on the end)
5. Download MythTV SVN and install according to the instructions
You *SHOULD* now have all the dependencies satisfied - note that if
compiling a package (whether its MythTV or something else) you *WILL* for
sure need the -devel packages of any dependencies
More information about the mythtv-users