[mythtv-users] USB IR Receiver - tivo remote compatibility

Mark Chang mark.chang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:40:35 UTC 2007

I have a new-fangled machine that has zero serial ports. I want to use
my Tivo remote with a USB receiver and have heard that the Tivo uses a
slightly different carrier frequency (38KHz?) than some of the
receivers are compatible with.

Anyone here use the MCE remote receiver, or the StreamZap remote
receiver with a Tivo remote?

Disclaimers:
 * yes, I have an hdhomerun. i just want to move it out of the living
room for better reception
 * no, i don't want to use the mce remote or the streamzap remote
controls. the tivo remote is 100% wife approved, and the mce remote
itself is kinda windows-centric ;)... but if I must, the MCE remote
looks better than the streamzap. if you use the mce remote and love
it, i'd like to hear from you too.

--
Mark L. Chang