[mythtv-users] Cooler

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 00:00:21 UTC 2007

I can't recommend one or the other but I can tell you I installed a Zalman
CNPS9500 AT in a Silverstone LC17 with a GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 about 2 weeks
ago and am thrilled with it.  While I can hear it, it is so much quieter
than the jet engine Intel ships with the P4 and the chips runs 10deg cooler
under full load.

If your motherboard has 4 pin fan control be sure to get a fan that supports
that.  Then you don't have to deal with the aux fan controller.  I purchased
the 3 pin version first then returned it for the 4 pin version thru newegg.

Be gentle with the Cu fins. They are fragile and can be sharp.

I used Artic Silver 5 thermal compound with mine and was very pleased.

Good luck.
Jon

  _____