[mythtv-users] Upgrade old or cut my losses and buy new?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 6 14:40:09 UTC 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 6:57 AM, matthew.garman at gmail.com wrote:

> How bad is the "occasional jerk or stutter"?  I struggled so long to
> get XvMC to work, saw your post, got it working, but human movement
> is still "unnatural".  The audio and video is synced, the picture
> looks great, but occasionally, some movement looks like it slows
> down briefly.  It's most noticeable when *people* are moving (such
> as a head turn) because it makes them look robotic.
>
> Although, the testing has only been with one source so far, NBC's
> "The Office" in HD recorded OTA with a pchdtv 5500.

I know it's obvious but have you checked to see if this is happening
on the raw feed into your home?

If it's OK directly it sounds like the old "unpredictable movement"
problem. Just for interest you might take a look at your CPU usage
and see if it's spiking during those pauses, but remember that things
like top average usage over a period of time and you might not see
the spike.