[mythtv-users] Problem with PVR-150 capture

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 6 14:45:22 UTC 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 7:27 AM, mike wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 March 2007 02:13, Robert Broughton wrote:
>> I've had KnoppMyth mostly working since Saturday. I've even added
>> the NX
>> Server, Firefox, and the Firefox mplayer plugin to it.
>>
>> The only problem I've got right now is, some programs, such as "The
>> Daily Show" and "Desperate Housewives", record and play near-
>> perfectly.
>> Others, such as "Saturday Night Live", are barely watchable. It's
>> hard
>> to describe what's going on, but I've put up a couple of "screen
>> shots" (in the traditional sense; I took a picture of my TV screen
>> with
>> a digital camera) that show the problem:
>>
>> http://broughton.ca/images/ss1.jpg (note that the KCTS logo
>> appears in
>> three places on the screen)
>> http://broughton.ca/images/ss2.jpg (horizontal streaks to the
>> right of
>> "1999")
>>
>> I'm pretty sure this problem has to do with capturing, because I
>> see the
>> same thing of I copy the MPG file to another computer and play it. I
>> don't think processing speed is an issue, because I've got a
>> Celeron 1.8
>> GHz processor.
> Hey Bob, I just installed a PVR-150 last night, and it was doing
> like that
> until I went into:
> setup. tv settings, recording profiles, MPEG2 encoders-
> and changed the 'image size" to 720x480 in default, live tv, etc.
> Now it works
> perfectly.

Interesting, but I'd expect that sort of problem to show up on all
channels, not just one.

Robert: Are you having this problem only on KCTS? What does it look
like if fed directly into a TV set?

How are you receiving this channel, antenna? cable? If a cable system
what channel is it on (I know KCTS is channel 9 off-air).