[mythtv-users] Archive killed my MythTv box

Gordon O'Brien gordon at springwoodhouse.net
Tue Mar 6 17:38:24 UTC 2007

Hi

I was trying to burn a previously recorded movie using Myth Archive. (first time ever!)
All seemed to be going well when the log vewer reported:

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 211, in parseFile parser.Parse("", True")
ExpatError: no element found: line 1, column 0

I tried it again with a different recording but MythTv reported 'No Recordings'. All my previously recordered programs had disappeared.

I tried a full system reboot but the mythtv user account would not auto log in. When I logged in as root I got
"not enough free disk space on /tmp"

I must be putting some files in the wrong place as I know there is at least 200Gb free on my disk.

I cannot log in via the GUI but when I used putty there doesn't appear to be much in the /tmp directory.

Hope somebody can help!

Thanks