[mythtv-users] best window manger/desktop environment

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 21:56:30 UTC 2007

On 3/6/07, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying fluxbox now but so I installed it with YUM  but how do i switch
> to it and make it the default?
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell

This is not fluxbox specific (I used this method to make ratpoison my
default).  Assuming you use GDM and have the window manager you want
to use installed correctly, at the login screen of gdm, just select
which window manager you want to use, and choose to make that the
default.  If you have already set it up so that gdm auto logs in
without the screen, you need to temporarily turn that off to get to
the login screen (and then of course, turn back on the auto login
functionality).  I did that via the gdm.conf file, but you can use gui
tools as well.