[mythtv-users] [UK] Missing xmltvids

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:53:40 UTC 2007

On 06/03/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
> I am struggling to get EPG data on myth
>
> I setup the channels using a channels.conf provided for my transmitter
> (UK: Crystal palace) from the list but when watching TV I get no EPG -
> but I do get all the channels.
>
> There are no xmltvids (see snapshot)
>
> http://www.fu-1.net/myth1.png
>
> If I run tv_grab_uk_rt --list-channels

Which version of XMLTV are you running?

> I can get ids but some are missing (CBBC Channel) for example - and some

cbbc.bbc.co.uk

> I'm not sure what to add ( BBC1 etc) - I don't want to spend the next
> load of hours entering data to find it's wrong.

Add the BBC1/2/ITV1 IDs for the region you are in. You could just use
the generic BBC IDs if you want.

If you ever want to check IDs, look in
/usr/share/xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt/channel_ids (which I try and keep as up
to date as possible for the XMLTV project).

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/