[mythtv-users] best window manger/desktop environment

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Mar 7 02:27:38 UTC 2007

I like Fluxbox also and use it on a couple of machines, even the fast
ones, just because it's a good window manager.  I also use WindowMaker a
lot; both are light-weight.  I use the Myth machine mostly for Myth but do
other things with it also.

Once you install fluxbox, your desktop manager should offer it as an
option.  After you select it once, kdm, xdm, etc., should have it marked
as the default.

If you don't boot directly into X, you'll have to edit your .xinitrc file
to start fluxbox when you fire up X.

Bob