[mythtv-users] Is someone using VLC to convert mythtv recordings into iPod or another format?

Martijn Morriën dj.escay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:10:38 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get myth2ipod working on my Fedora Core 4 (Jarod Wilson)
MythTv 0.20 machine. All installs well, but when ffmpeg starts converting it
fails. I'm trying to fix this, but that is another story....

Instead of fixing my problem I saw that you can also use VLC to convert
video files.
VLC has rpm's available for easy installment and there is some good
documentation at: http://wiki.videolan.org/Ipod for my conversion case. (I
need to convert from PVR500: mpeg2 to mp4)

I was wondering if there are MythTv users out there that use VLC to convert
videos as a user task and what their experience is/was?

Thank you,

Martijn