[mythtv-users] Recordings going WAY over

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:44:46 UTC 2007

On 3/6/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> I've been having a problem lately with recordings that are supposed
> to take a half hour recording up to an hour and recordings that are
> supposed to be an hour, recording an hour and a half or even two
> hours. Sometimes the program metadata will have something like 6:00
> am - 6:01 am and sometimes it will read correctly like 12:30 pm -
> 1:00 pm, but be an hour long.
>
> The Watch Recordings screen doesn't show it as recording, mythwelcome
> says mythtv is busy recording, but shows all tuners idle. My VFD
> panel shows the program is still recording way after it should have
> stopped.
>
> Fortunately, this hasn't caused any real problems since it seems to
> correct itself when the tuner is needed for the next program, but it
> means I'm recording way more stuff that I should be. Anyone else
> seeing this?
>
> -Brad
>
> Are you sure MythTV is actually recording this extra stuff after the end
of the show?  Can you actually watch a half hour past the end of the show?
There is a known bug where sometimes MythTV will display a one hour show as
being two hours long during playback.  It happens almost every week for me
on the Fox show 24.  But the show only records for the correct time and it
only takes the correct amount of HDD space.