[mythtv-users] Always prescaling theme images on startup

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:11:09 UTC 2007

On 07/03/07, Dave <dave at 0bits.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> is anyone having the problem with mythtv *always* prescaling images on
> bootup (cold start) before you get the initial screen ?
>
> I'm running my bravia in 1360 x 768 and i have enough disk space, but
> it's always spending that annoying 5-10 seconds prescaling the themes. I

My understanding is it's not prescaling. It's checking to ensure the cache
is still valid. In my experience the actual prescaling takes much longer
than 5 -- 10 seconds.

--

aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with
next."
        -- Arthur Dent