[mythtv-users] Record multiple channels from one multiplex (again...)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 7 18:04:48 UTC 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 10:53 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> My understanding:
>
>  - Users want it and are willing to pay (an insignificant amount)
> for it
>  - Developers who could actually code it would rather spend $X to get
> new capture cards for themselves rather than spend Y hours to code
> it--and end up with the same functionality in the end
>
> My view:  users should spend the money they're pledging for bounties
> (and, yeah, they'd need to add some more) to get another capture
> card...

Precisely what I was thinking. If people are willing to "spend cash"
they should just use it to buy the hardware they need.

The whole "bounty" thing with Open Source software is crazy IMHO. I
could make a good case for bounty offers actually reducing the
chances of the code being written, because the developers are
somewhat insulted by being offered less than they could make flipping
burgers at MacDonalds for a week in exchange for something that is
worth perhaps tens of thousands of dollars in the commercial software
market.