[mythtv-users] realtek r1000 driver not included

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 18:34:36 UTC 2007

> <snip>
> Kernel source is included in KnoppMyth, but it is tarred/gzipped. Look
> in /usr/src, and you should find it. You just need to untar it, which
> then should allow you to compile the NIC driver. I had to do this for
> the nVidia binary driver.

actually in the newest version of Knoppmyth (5e50 i believe) only the
headers were included.  But for some reason this should have worked but
didnt'.  You can go to KnoppMyth's forum site and cecil put up a link to the
tar'd file for the source.  I also had issues with this card with my dad, i
ended up putting in a different PCI NIC instead of using the onboard one
cause i couldn't get the r1000 driver to work.  (in the make menu for the
Kernel it says it's part of the install, not a module, and not blank) i
rebuilt the kernel and still couldn't get this driver to work.

MacNean C. Tyrrell