[mythtv-users] Where are those new 1TB drives?

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Mar 7 19:53:01 UTC 2007

Hullo,

    One of my MythTV related "bookmarks" is the search query
at Fry's for 750GB drives. I noticed today that their SATA
drives are onsale (online at least) at $270. This is the
lowest I've seen them so far.

     I would imagine with the 1TB's from Hitachi coming out
that those Seagate drives would get even cheaper. Although I
have never really seen much of a presence from Hitachi anywhere
in the > 250GB drive market. Are these monster Hitachi drives
actually for sale anywhere yet?

     ...and are there any after market SATA cards that support
4 or more drives and aren't pushing themselves into the same
pricerange as an entire (cheap) system?

JEDIDIAH, 2.5TB Ubuntu Backend