[mythtv-users] Where are those new 1TB drives?

ian at duckland.org ian at duckland.org
Wed Mar 7 20:02:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, jedi at mishnet.org wrote:

> Hullo,
>
>    One of my MythTV related "bookmarks" is the search query
> at Fry's for 750GB drives. I noticed today that their SATA
> drives are onsale (online at least) at $270. This is the
> lowest I've seen them so far.

And hopefully still dropping... ;)

>     I would imagine with the 1TB's from Hitachi coming out
> that those Seagate drives would get even cheaper. Although I
> have never really seen much of a presence from Hitachi anywhere
> in the > 250GB drive market. Are these monster Hitachi drives
> actually for sale anywhere yet?

AFAIK, no.  Here's my plan - I've got an Infrant ReadyNAS with 4x500GB
Seagate disks in it.  As soon as:

1. 1TB drives are generally available to the public
AND
2. Infrant releases their long-anticipated firmware update with:
 	a) 2.6 Kernel,
 	b) NFS over TCP, and
 	c) filesystems >2GB

I'll be buying 4*750GB Seagate drives from the cheapest place I can get
them...

It's just a matter of time... ;)

 	-I