[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging Finished 46 second aftershow starts recording ?????

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Mar 7 21:09:30 UTC 2007

* On Wed Mar 07, 2007 at 12:42:47PM -0800, Jon Boehm wrote:
> Interesting I did change JobQueueCommFlagCommand
>
> From: mythcommflag
> To:   /usr/local/bin/mythcommflag
>
> To make sure Myth was picking up my svn .20-fixed self compiled version over
> the ubuntu package I installed when I got first built the box.
>
> Your saying is a big enough change to cause my problem?  I'll change it back
> and see if the problem is fixed.

Yes, this is more than enough to break it.  When you do this, you override
all the arguments that the JobQueue normally passes to mythcommflag, so instead
of running something like this:

  mythcommflag -j 5834 -V 3

it was instead just running this:

  /usr/local/bin/mythcommflag

So mythcommflag was running in its default mode of "flag all unflagged files."

Both SVN trunk and -fixes run the mythcommflag binary that was installed in
same location as your other binaries being run, because the JobQueue uses

  path = gContext->GetInstallPrefix() + "/bin/mythcommflag";

when setting up the command to run, so you shouldn't have to put in a
full-path to mythcommflag in this field.  If you do, then you would need to
put something like this:

  /usr/local/bin/mythcommflag -j %JOBID% -V %VERBOSELEVEL%

--
Chris