[mythtv-users] [UK] Missing xmltvids

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Wed Mar 7 21:28:41 UTC 2007

Hi Nick,

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 06/03/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
>> I am struggling to get EPG data on myth
>>
>> I setup the channels using a channels.conf provided for my transmitter
>> (UK: Crystal palace) from the list but when watching TV I get no EPG -
>> but I do get all the channels.
>>
>> There are no xmltvids (see snapshot)
>>
>> http://www.fu-1.net/myth1.png
>>
>> If I run tv_grab_uk_rt --list-channels
>
> Which version of XMLTV are you running?

0.5.44-1

>> I can get ids but some are missing (CBBC Channel) for example - and some
>
> cbbc.bbc.co.uk
>
>> I'm not sure what to add ( BBC1 etc) - I don't want to spend the next
>> load of hours entering data to find it's wrong.
>
> Add the BBC1/2/ITV1 IDs for the region you are in. You could just use
> the generic BBC IDs if you want.
>
> If you ever want to check IDs, look in
> /usr/share/xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt/channel_ids (which I try and keep as up
> to date as possible for the XMLTV project).

Thanks - I have been manually adding the Id's manually using mythweb.
For many of the channels this works great and I have EPG for the correct
channels but for others I get no EPG at all.  I am not sure why.

I am also getting some rogue channels in the listing with no name or
EPG.  Still trying to work out how to delete those.

Dave