[mythtv-users] Is someone using VLC to convert mythtv recordings into iPod or another format?

Martijn MorriŽn dj.escay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 21:57:53 UTC 2007


Ah excellent!

rpm -qa | grep aac
shows i have: faac-1.24-1.2.fc4

since FC4 is no longer supported I tried upgrading with

faac-1.25-2.fc3.rf.i386.rpm, which I found on rpmfind.net.

the " Error while opening codec for output stream #0.1" has been fixed!

Nuvexport choosing export to iPod works now, with the iPod.pm from the
myth2ipod site.

Trying myth2ipod now also succeeds! The feed is readable by iTunes and the
video plays, I'm quite happy now :)

Thank you very very much Jon!

There is no need to try VLC now. Although I'm still interested to see how
good it works.


A small pointer for others who are facing problems with myth2ipod.
Add in the myth2ipod script : --debug to the my_nuvoptions user variable,
this will run the script and nuvexport will show how it would call ffmpeg.
It will not execute ffmpeg!

In my case it shows that myth2ipod tells nuvexport to call ffmpeg as
follows:
/bin/nice -n19 ffmpeg -y -f s16le -ar 48000 -ac 2 -i
/tmp/fifodir_8788/audout -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -s 720x576 -aspect
1.33333333333333 -r 25.000 -i /tmp/fifodir_8788/vidout -aspect
1.33333333333333 -r 25 -deinterlace -croptop    12 -cropright 14 -cropbottom
12 -cropleft  14 -s 320x240  -vcodec mpeg4 -b '393216' -title 'Rail away'
-flags +4mv+trell+loop -aic 1 -mbd 1 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -acodec aac -ar 48000
-async 1 -ab 64 '/video/ipodfeed/2_20070306200447.temp.mp4' 2>&1

You can use this to try to figure out if the problem is part of myth2ipod,
or like in my case a problem somewhere in ffmpeg or one of the modules it is
using.

Martijn

On 3/7/07, Jon Larson <jtlarson at u.washington.edu> wrote:
>
>
>
> Martijn MorriŽn wrote:
> > Thank you for the responses.
> >
> > when I try Sven's approach:
> >
> > [mythtv at mythtv video]$ ffmpeg -i 2_20070306200447.mpg -vcodec mpeg4
> -vtag
> > MP4V -b 300 -g 300 -bf 2 -s 352x288 -acodec mp2 -ab 80 -ac 2 output.avi
> > FFmpeg version SVN-r6524, Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Fabrice Bellard, et
> al.
> >  configuration:  --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --shlibdir=/usr/lib
> > --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-mp3lame --enable-libogg --enable-vorbis
> > --enable-faadbin --enable-faac --enable-xvid --enable-x264 --enable-a52
> > --enable-a52bin --enable-dts --enable-pp --enable-shared
> > --enable-pthreads
> > --enable-dc1394 --enable-gpl --disable-strip --extra-cflags=-O2 -g -pipe
> > -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -m32 -march=i386
> > -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
> >  libavutil version: 49.0.1
> >  libavcodec version: 51.16.0
> >  libavformat version: 50.5.0
> >  built on Oct 27 2006 08:43:35, gcc: 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
> >
> > Seems that stream 0 comes from film source: 25.00 (25025/1001) ->
> > 25.00(25/1)
> > Input #0, mpeg, from '2_20070306200447.mpg':
> >  Duration: 00:00:50.7, start: 0.276089, bitrate: 5211 kb/s
> >  Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576, 6000 kb/s,
> > 25.00fps(r)
> >  Stream #0.1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 384 kb/s
> > File 'output.avi' already exists. Overwrite ? [y/N] y
> > Output #0, avi, to 'output.avi':
> >  Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 352x288, q=2-31, 0 kb/s, 25.00
> > fps(c)
> >  Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 80 kb/s
> > Stream mapping:
> >  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
> >  Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
> > Press [q] to stop encoding
> > [mpeg2video @ 0x34b0f08]ac-tex damaged at 5 7bitrate= 113.3kbits/s
> > [mpeg2video @ 0x34b0f08]Warning MVs not available
> > [mpeg2video @ 0x34b0f08]concealing 1305 DC, 1305 AC, 1305 MV errors
> > frame= 1275 q=38.8 Lsize=     754kB time=50.7 bitrate= 121.9kbits/s
> > video:170kB audio:495kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 13.483052%
> >
> > it does encode to output.avi
> >
> >
> > And when I try Jon's approach it gives me the same error as via
> > myth2ipod:
> >
> > [mythtv at mythtv video]$ /bin/nice -n19 ffmpeg -v quiet -y -i
> > 2_20070306200447.mpg -aspect 1.33333333333333 -r 25.00 -croptop 10
> > -cropright 14 -cropbottom 10 -cropleft 14 -s 320x240 -vcodec mpeg4 -b
> > 300kb
> > -flags +4mv+trell -f mp4 -aic 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -acodec aac -ar 32000
> > -async 1 -ac 1 -ab 64 \'outfile.temp.mp4\' && MP4Box -add
> > outfile.temp.mp4outfile && rm
> > outfile.temp.mp4
> > FFmpeg version SVN-r6524, Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Fabrice Bellard, et
> al.
> >  configuration:  --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --shlibdir=/usr/lib
> > --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-mp3lame --enable-libogg --enable-vorbis
> > --enable-faadbin --enable-faac --enable-xvid --enable-x264 --enable-a52
> > --enable-a52bin --enable-dts --enable-pp --enable-shared
> > --enable-pthreads
> > --enable-dc1394 --enable-gpl --disable-strip --extra-cflags=-O2 -g -pipe
> > -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -m32 -march=i386
> > -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
> >  libavutil version: 49.0.1
> >  libavcodec version: 51.16.0
> >  libavformat version: 50.5.0
> >  built on Oct 27 2006 08:43:35, gcc: 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
> >
> > Seems that stream 0 comes from film source: 25.00 (25025/1001) ->
> > 25.00(25/1)
> > Stream mapping:
> >  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
> >  Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
> > [aac @ 0x34b0f08]libfaac doesn't support this output format!
> I had this problem as well. I believe it went away after I upgraded
> faac: #apt-get install faac
>
> Jon
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20070307/69866a20/attachment.htm 


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list