[mythtv-users] Where are those new 1TB drives?

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 15:37:09 UTC 2007

So is going to RAID easy?  and can you go with some IDE and some SATA?  I
always need more space (currently 1 350gig ide, and 2x250gig ide in my
be/fe) and i've been thinking about getting HDHR, so need more space, and
eventually would love to put every DVD i own in myth, so have been debating
a RAID, but i am tottally clueless when it comes to that.  and is RAID5 the
concensus best choice?  And i see discussion on software/hardware.  Do you
still need a controlling RAID5 card, or if you just get a SATA card/mobo to
attach drives too, linux has software to handle it all?  And for apearance
sake i don't want a huge tower in the living room, so would i have to
separate the BE to my basement into a huge tower?  I apologize for my
ignorance in this area.  I just want as much info as i can get before i do
it.
--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell