[mythtv-users] MythTV, Hauppauge PVR 250 and Scientific Atlanta 3250 Cable box from Cox cable

jnhannah at cox.net jnhannah at cox.net
Thu Mar 8 23:54:33 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am just now starting on a project to turn one of my older PCs into a PVR machine using MythTV.

I already have my Ubuntu box set up and am currently using it for an excellent Gallery application.

I have bought an older Hauppauge PVR 250 TV card on EBay, and I have a Scientific Atlanta digital cable box from Cox Cable in Arizona.

I do also have an ATI Wonder remote control.

I was wondering if anybody could possibly offer any guidance on how to hook up the cable box to the TV card/PC so that I can schedule recordings where the channel needs to change on the cable box.

I have found many excellent guides on how to set up MythTV, but where I am a little unclear is how to essentially control the cable box.

I would be very grateful for any tips/advice or guidance.

I think MythTV is excellent. to all those who have contributed to the project - please keep up the good work.

Many thanks in advance,

kind regards,

Jeremy