[mythtv-users] New Myth Network Remote Control App for Mac OS X

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 9 03:44:47 UTC 2007

On Mar 8, 2007, at 8:26 PM, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Todd Ignasiak wrote:
>
>> I just put up another update for MythRemote.  It's a minor update,
>> which just changes some of the keyboard inputs.
>
> Given that MacOS is just BSD, is this written in something that
> would port
> to Linux/*nix ?

I wouldn't say that OSX is "just" BSD. It's actually based on the
Mach microkernel and certainly has a lot of BSD elements on it.

But it looks like the remote app is taking advantage of a lot of Mac-
isms, especially graphics.

It's is also a "universal binary" and will thus run on a PPC or an
Intel Mac machine.

I'm not a programmer but I'll bet you would have to redo all the
graphics stuff, probably using the OSX X-server for graphics.

I'd guess it would be possible to port, but it would not be trivial.
You might be better off starting from scratch.